This has happened to my IAC 3 Times... by mitchjl22
Started on: 09-07-2013 03:11 AM
Replies: 4 (231 views)
Last post by: benoitmalenfant on 09-07-2013 02:11 PM
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait for the 3800.... grrr....

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is strange - I have never had a problem with my IAC valve in the fiero - or any other car....If it has happened 3 times, I would think it is not the IAC but maybe your pcm...

------------------
84/87 NB, 3800SC, E-85, VS Cam, 2.8 Pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Regal GS Gauges, S-10 Brake Booster. 1/4 mile -12.05 at 111.7mph

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For we uneducated, what's it doing that it shouldn't do or what is it not doing that it should? How should it react?

Edited for grammar and spelling.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 09-07-2013).]

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My guess is a broken wire. Most likely place - right at the IAC connector. Try pushing the wires one at a time into the connector and see if you can determine if one is, and which one is broken.
benoitmalenfant

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

For we uneducated, what's it doing that it shouldn't do or what is it not doing that it should? How should it react?

Edited for grammar and spelling.

Shouldn't be moving in/out (opening/closing) frantically like it's doing now.

The ECM opens/closes the valve to control idle speed. With the way it's acting now, I'm guessing his idle is rough.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock