Started on: 09-05-2013 02:18 PM
Replies: 3 (1090 views)
Last post by: nitroheadz28 on 09-05-2013 05:36 PM
LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okk give me some facts... :P I already know quite a bit. My friend seems to think I can get a bunch more power if I do heads and cam etc. I said sure if I pay a pretty penny. He jus hates the fact I'm leaning towards a turbo now.

He's a v8 guy...in his s10 etc.

he tells me my car could push 400+ easy to wheels... but talk is cheap and dyno's show proof.

I wanna throw facts out and silence him. I don't want a huge war here just facts. Ii like both, but as noted I'm leaning towards turbo now

pretty much looking at whats supercharger limits... besides money
------------------

3800 SC/IC Formula whines more than your girl...
08 Cobalt SS TC - ZZP tuned, K&N SRI, 6k HID's 13.31@107
07 HHR - Wifes (tried to have her get the SS)

[This message has been edited by LoW_KeY (edited 09-05-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More boost = more power.

The turbo provides more boost.

Supercharger is limited by effective pully size and the design of the impellers and case.

LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He seems to think I could get more power then going turbo argued and said cost effective. .. then he insists on his friend doing a 383 or 402 wirh 500 horse.

I'm a smaller engine guy kinda know whata out there. Granted you can do anything but how deep is the wallet
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

He seems to think I could get more power then going turbo argued and said cost effective. .. then he insists on his friend doing a 383 or 402 wirh 500 horse.

I'm a smaller engine guy kinda know whata out there. Granted you can do anything but how deep is the wallet

Your friend is talking out of his ass. The 3800sc isn't a small block, cam and heads aren't going to net you 350-400hp.. If you did a search, you'd see that plenty of guys are pushing large amounts of boost on stock/ non ported IMs and exhausts with either no cam or the ST2 cam with a turbo.

In fact if you took a look at the fastest n/a 3800s out there with all the ported goodies and best cam, they'd be lucky to push more than 50hp than stock for thousands in mods.

3800sc with thousands in mods= around 400hp max
3800 half decent turbo setup= 600hp+ max

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 09-05-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock