Will the tach read over 6,500 RPM? by trotterlg
Started on: 09-03-2013 07:36 PM
Replies: 4 (127 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 09-03-2013 10:23 PM
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No answers to the other thread, so I will put it another way. My carbed 3100 loves to spin up, I have had it easily over 6,000 for sure and it get better the higher it spins. Question is, does the Fiero tach read when it goes over 6,500 RPM? If it does I can mark it up for 7,000 and 7,500 RPM, but if it limits out for some reason I will have to find another tach. Larry
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trotterlg:

No answers to the other thread, so I will put it another way. My carbed 3100 loves to spin up, I have had it easily over 6,000 for sure and it get better the higher it spins. Question is, does the Fiero tach read when it goes over 6,500 RPM? If it does I can mark it up for 7,000 and 7,500 RPM, but if it limits out for some reason I will have to find another tach. Larry

It does not limit out at 6500.

Sometimes I shift at the "R" on RPM with my 3.4 DOHC.

What cam is in your 3100?

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The V6 tach will at least go about 1" past the 6500 RPM mark, possibly further, but I don't know how accurate it is in that range. I calibrated my tach to match the scanner at 4000 rpm, and I can see some error in the lower rpm/idle range from day to day. So I assume the same happens on the other end of the scale as well.

My LS4 has a hp peak around 6800 rpm, so it tends to spend a bit of time off the tach scale... I need to look into a more accurate 0-7500 rpm tach...
trotterlg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, exactly what I needed to know. The cam is a custom grind from Delta Camshaft, I just told them I wanted it to be a free spinner and they ground it up for me. Down side is that it idles at about 1,200 and starts running good about 3,500, but it does like the RPM's. Larry

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:

Sometimes I shift at the "R" on RPM with my 3.4 DOHC.

Same here.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock