Very nice clutch combo by trotterlg
Started on: 09-03-2013 12:41 AM
Replies: 0 (118 views)
Last post by: trotterlg on 09-03-2013 12:41 AM
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the carbed 3100 running in the 86 GT now. Not finished but it moves and drives. Biggest surprise is how nice the clutch works. I used a stock pressure plate and a puck type spring center disc. These are avaliable from multiple suppliers, but are clearly all made in the same place. Prices are all over the place, I paid $77.00 on Ebay I think. Best thing about it is that it releases totally, no drag at all, push the clutch in and you can put it in any gear with one finger, lots different than with the old stock clutch and disc. It engauges smoothe with no chatter, I have driven it and put it up and down on car ramps, just a nice crisp engaugement and release. I thin anyone doing a stock to moderately modified build should consider this, it is very nice. The puck type disc holds about 25% to 30% more torque than a standard organic disc will, so it is also an improvement in that area also. Larry

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock