Chassis question by newfiejeff
Started on: 09-02-2013 04:01 PM
Replies: 12 (322 views)
Last post by: crashyoung on 09-03-2013 09:11 PM
newfiejeff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, looking at another car in my area and I already took this car for a test ride a few weeks ago and I am still puzzled by what is wrong with this car. Here is link to the ad that he has on trying to sell the car. The car seems fine to drive, gas pedal really stiff but no biggy, not sure how the car starts when cold, he had it warmed up when I got there. I think he is asking a lot for the car, I can get it for $4000, the longer he keeps it he may change his price, we will see. Here is the link, look at the third pic and on the passenger side you can see the car looks like it is raised up and look at the grille behind the window on the same side it is up, look at the back bumper and see there is more gap on the passenger side then the driver side. I couldn't find any signs of actual damage and it was in a car accident I couldn't see no signs of that either. What could it be, its almost like it got hit from underneath on that side, but that is impossible
http://www.nlclassifieds.co...undland-NLCId1104672
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newfiejeff:

...look at the third pic and on the passenger side you can see the car looks like it is raised up and look at the grille behind the window on the same side it is up, look at the back bumper and see there is more gap on the passenger side then the driver side. I couldn't find any signs of actual damage and it was in a car accident I couldn't see no signs of that either. What could it be, its almost like it got hit from underneath on that side, but that is impossible

Does it actually look like that in person? Looking at the picture, I would've thought that the image itself was skewed. I'd be very leery of this car.

$4300 is a lot of money for an '85 GT, especially one with an automatic. And one with non-functional headlight motors, and with worn out seats ('cause you know the seat covers are hiding something).

I'd forget about this one if I was you.
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah that is the way the car is? If it was 2000 then I probably would have bought and put another 2000 into it and had a decent car then, i never looked up the seat covers but you know they are gone.
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

newfiejeff

560 posts
Member since Aug 2013
yeah that is the way the car is? If it was 2000 then I probably would have bought and put another 2000 into it and had a decent car then, i never looked up the seat covers but you know they are gone.
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd say that car is worth more like $2,000, not even close to $4,300. Have to agree something looks really funky on that rear pic.
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definetly it would have to go on the ramp and take real good look. I thought it was worth $2000 max, but I think maybe that is what he paid for it, put 4 new tires, battery and front brakes.
EvilSqueezles

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree. if it looks like the pic in person than something is definitely screwy. Even looking at the engine photo it looks like the passenger side is higher if you follow the trunkline vs the rear window. Almost like that corner somehow got twisted. I typically get weary when someone refers most pre 88s as rare. Except for a few versions, they aren't really all that rare. Seems like people really try to hype our cars up to sell them. With that said, and it runs/drives... 2k is prolly the range for value. But id really investigate that corner, maybe the driver side spring is bad/broken giving it that crooked look. Perhaps its just the image And peaked that way. Hard to tell. I wouldn't even consider the 4k mark though. GL

~James
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That car has been wrecked & butchered. Parts only unless you want to take the whole rear apart & have a frame shop straighten it right. Could cost quite a bit.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey boys you are all the best!!!!
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just finished rebuilding my whole car bcc my 86 fiero looked like that...the frame rails were so rusted that my back end started warping....the frame was done...i had to get a whole new frame and rebuild from scratch..i would stay away
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 4thfiero:

I just finished rebuilding my whole car bcc my 86 fiero looked like that...the frame rails were so rusted that my back end started warping....the frame was done...i had to get a whole new frame and rebuild from scratch..i would stay away

Agreed. It LOOKS like it's the plastic panels holding the car together.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like strut tower separation to me

Here's what it probably looks like underneath:

crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scary!
I would not trust it till I had opened it up and seen what damage had been done.
Unless I needed it as a parts car, then I would offer $1500, as you will need to
dispose of the remaining junk and you would have 'hazardous' waste to dispose,
and the scrap value won't cover the cost of disposal.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock