I have a few questions on the C500 connector and where to wire some of the wire. I have a 1988 GT swapping in a 2007 series 3 NA 3800 and 2007 4T65E-HD tranny.
I'm using the PCM wiring pinout for a 2004 Impala, and I'm using Dan's 3800 wiring harness tutorial.
Here are my questions please chime in if you know the answer to any of these. Thanks
1. I have a wire in Pin A1 but my 88 service manual says it's not used, I find on the web Pin A1 is the Truck Release Feed if this is correct where do I wire it to?
2. (A4 is for starter ignition on auto tranny cars this wire goes to the neutral switch on the tranny)
OK this yellow wire is huge around 10 gauge wire, all the wires on the round 20 Pin tranny connector are tiny 22 gauge wire, none of which are labled neutral switch, so where do I connect this huge wire?
3. B1 Starter and Charging System. What does this connect to.
4. B3 is from the charge indicator on the gauge pod it can either be connected directly to the alternator pin L or to the PCM C1 pin 36 then PCM C2 pin 61 connects to the alt pin L. Going through the PCM just gives the PCM control of the alt charging.
I believe these instruction is for a different setup then I'm using as my 2007 3800 Stock Alternator connector has a wire in Pin B for Generator Turn On Signal, and pin D for Battery Positive Voltage, no Pin L, My PCM C1 pin 36 is not used, but C2 pin 61 is the generator turn on signal. I can find any other pic on C1 or C2 PCM connector that would be what C1 pin 36 is for.
5. C1 is the +12v feed to the reverse light switch mounted on the tranny on auto and 5 speed cars it is connected to the tranny switch pin B on the 4T60E and 4T65E trannies.
ON My 4T65E-HD pin B is the "2-3 Shift Solenoid Valve Control that goes to PCM C1 Pin 44, so do I just tap into this wire or is there another place I need to connect to.
6. D1 is the ground to turn on the cooling fan and comes from PCM C1 pin 6
D2 is the ground for two stage cooling fans and comes from PCM C1 pin 5.
Since My 88 doesn't have a two speed fan do I just connect D1 to PCM C1 pin 6 and leave D2 unconnected? Pin 6 is low speed cooling fan Pin 5 is High Speed Cooling fan, I assume either will make the fan turn at the same speed just want to be sure the PCM turns on low fan first and in the event it decided to go to high speed does that mean if I'm wired to the low that it will shut off???
7. D3 this is the feed from PCM C1 pin 75 to turn on the coolant lamp on the Fiero gauge
My PCM pinout shows pins 74-75 not used I see no pin that fit coolant lamp so dos this mean I wont have a coolant light if the engine over heated?
8. E1 is the return path from the reverse light switch which is connected to the tranny switch pin F on the 4T60e and 4T65E trannies
My Pin f on the 20 way tranny pin connector is "Transmission Range Signal A" which is wired to C2 pin 18, so do I tap C500 E1 into this wire?
I am ok with these connections just listing them in case I'm wrong on anything.
A2 ground connect to chassis ground.
C2 this is the feed from the coolant sensor to the coolant gauge.
C3 this is the tach feed and comes from the ignition module harness connector pin E which will have to be added into the harness on most cars.
E3 is the +12v ignition feed for the ignition module.
[This message has been edited by Fiero_Guy (edited 09-02-2013).]