Started on: 08-30-2013 01:22 PM
Replies: 4 (205 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 08-31-2013 08:51 AM
SLOWnSTEADY

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLOWnSTEADYSend a Private Message to SLOWnSTEADYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I assume soldering would be the best but I figured I would see what everyone has done. I am relocating the battery up front, so I have like 4-5 wires in the back (near the factory battery box, fusible link wires, 10ga or so, I dont remember whats all there to be honest) that I need to connect to the single 2/0 cable I am running up front to the battery. I soldered it years ago to the 4ga wire I had when it was in the back but after looking at it recently, it's doesn't look like it is doing so hot and I want to do this ONCE and not have to worry about it again.
My idea seems a little "ghetto" to me but I was thinking use a really short piece of copper pipe as a butt-connector, get em all in there, crimp it down, fill it with solder then tape/heat shrink the crap out of it and hide it...

Thanks in advance!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
msrservices

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about an electrical junction block?

That way you can actually mount the block securely, so it's not flopping around and the connections are all secure.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The stock setup had a wire from the + terminal on the battery to the junction terminal by the 500 connector. To do a remove battery setup, just run a wire from the starter battery cable terminal to the junction terminal by the 500 connector. This keeps all the fusable link sections stock and is likely the least amount of work.
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thik the pipe and solder sounds good to me. Larry
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take the good advice that fieroguru posted.

Bat+ to starter lug, wire to BJT (the junction under the C-500), use 8 ga wire with ring ends, armor the wire, route it along the firewall with the C-500 chassis bundle.

Clean, safe and trouble free.

Easy, too.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock