Clutch problems, I am confused by zkhennings
Started on: 08-30-2013 12:50 PM
Replies: 3 (136 views)
Last post by: zkhennings on 09-01-2013 03:33 AM
zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My master and slave cylinders were replaced 3 years ago (isuzu slave)

Recently I was dropping the cradle and I tasked my younger brother with making sure nothing was getting caught on the drivers side. He did not notice the slave cylinder braided line getting crushed. It bent the solid part of the line attached to the slave around 7 degrees, and it crushed the braided line, though not fully. You can feel the braided portion is crushed. I have no pedal whatsoever anymore, but there is no fluid leaking anywhere.... I have not checked the bore of the master but I checked in the slave and along the entire clutch line and everything is dry as a bone, yet I have 0 pedal. The slave cylinder moves when the clutch pedal is pushed on, but it does not have enough strength the move the clutch, I have the slave unbolted at the moment. I am going to temporarily replace this with a section of hard line while I order rodney's kit, and hopefully my master cylinder has not developed a problem (though I can't fathom how it could have) and I am guessing this will solve my problems, but I can't figure out why I could have no pedal and have no fluid leaking if the master is ok.

Let me know, does anyone know what size fitting the slave accepts? I will probably just cut and flare the brake line with a coupler, or I may just buy a compression fitting. I will throw a loop into the hardline for the time being.

I would ideally like to get a custom hose made similar to the brake hoses where I could have a fitting on the hard line which screws into the clutch hose, and the clutch hose has another fitting on the other end which would go into the slave or have one more intermediate step with a female fitting that a short section of hard line could screw into. I live in an area where a lot of those custom motorcycle and automotive shops don't exist, the only store I have been to where custom hoses were made was a bobcat dealership.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get Rodney's repair kit http://rodneydickman.com/ca...th=61&products_id=33

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney's kit comes with the proper fittings to splice into your line. The compression fitting is the easier to install. I do know that the line is a metric. US compression fittings will leak and flaring the line attached to the car can be a problem.

Inspect your slave mounting bracket very carefully to see if it's broken. Though you're using an Isuzu slave, is it an Isuzu transmission? That slave is the same as used on the 85 and 86 V6 4-speeds. If you're ordering parts from Rodney, consider ordering his Isuzu double seal slave or slave rebuilding kit at the same time.
zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2013 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I temporarily replaced with an S shaped piece of hard line. Everything works now, and the old line really did not leak. I will be buying rodneys kit. I had no problem putting a bubble flare on the line from the MC. I spent 9 dollars in material.

I am still confused how no fluid could leak out but I lost my pedal.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock