Where does this module go? by commodore_dude
Started on: 08-28-2013 03:10 PM
Replies: 4 (233 views)
Last post by: Blacktree on 08-28-2013 09:20 PM
commodore_dude

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for commodore_dudeSend a Private Message to commodore_dudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a bit stumped in the process of putting my dash back together after replacing my temp gauge. In addition to having 2 more screws left over than I can count holes in the remaining 2 panels, I'm not sure exactly where this gets tucked back up in with the metal clip on it. I do have the little plastic u shaped bit that goes up in a hole under the steering wheel to secure some of the wiring, but I'm not sure how to get to where I can do that from here:

I don't suppose anyone has a picture of what this is supposed to look like all back together? Really wish I'd done some documenting of where I removed various screws and such from when I was taking everything apart, but I really didn't understand how thoroughly I was going to have to disassemble everything to get the actual gauge cluster out until it was way too late...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It goes at the base to the shift column near the column mounting bracket. I think I have a pic of it. If I still have it I will post in a few min

Dr. W.
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That little clip goes on the lip of the lower cover that goes in place below the column and the two extra screws are most likely the ones on top under the upper cover holding the steel plate coming off the gauge pod. Dan
commodore_dude

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for commodore_dudeSend a Private Message to commodore_dudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I see what you mean about the clip now, I found a spot on that lower panel with marks that match the size of the clip. The 2 extra screws I have are ones with the wide washer, but the 2 going into the metal plate at the back of the gauge pod are there (those are larger than the ones I have left).
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like mentioned above, that connector clips onto the trim piece under the steering column. IIRC, the trim piece has a tab on it, where the clip attaches.

BTW, that trim piece attaches to the dash with 4 screws, 2 with small washers in the back, and 2 with bigger washers in front (just under the gauge panel).

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 08-28-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock