tansmission question by goatvenom
Started on: 08-26-2013 11:50 AM
Replies: 6 (329 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 08-27-2013 09:11 AM
goatvenom

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for goatvenomSend a Private Message to goatvenomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a rather simple question i would imagine i just cant seem to find the answer for it.

i would like to know what front wheel drive transmission will fit a 5.7 Hemi if there are any i would really love to cram a hemi in it and haul some tail but i just cant seem to find one that would work.

any insight is appreciated in advance
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is there a 5.7 Hemi FWD car? that would be the starting point.
other than that - you are looking at adapter plates.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The hemi is a very wide engine. Curious if it would fit the engine bay.
n7vrz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The hemi is a very wide engine. Curious if it would fit the engine bay.

Is it wider than the N* engine? Those fit.
goatvenom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for goatvenomSend a Private Message to goatvenomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if i couldn't put a 5.7 in it i would also go for a 3.9 magnum or a 4.7. i like mopar engines over most gm engines and i have a bunch of mopar parts but no transmissions for them. any one know of a trans that would work for any of these? if not, does any one make adapter plates for the 3.9 to a fwd trans?
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You best bet is to contact Kennedy Adapters or some other adapter manufacturer and see what's available. Kennedy has one for the 3.5 HO v6 but I think it's to connect to a G50 trans. The other issue you're going to have is a lack of aftermarket support for these engines. Chrysler isn't very forthcomingwith their computer programming so tuning may be tough. There is some stuff for the hemi but not much else. Google is going to be your friend on this, you're going to have to put in the research yourself. Other than me, I don't believe anyone else has put Chrysler power in a Fiero, any I spent hundreds of hours researching it before and after I started it.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Contact ThaDriver. He's a long time Mopar man. He's built and restored countless numbers and might be able to give some insight.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock