Alternative automatic shift cable ends by Tweeder
Started on: 08-23-2013 12:47 AM
Replies: 4 (143 views)
Last post by: Tweeder on 09-09-2013 08:26 PM
Tweeder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What all are people using to replace the plastic end? My choice of search words wasn't getting me anywhere. I don't have the option of putting it under the lever so wha i'm looking for is made out of metal.

------------------
86 SE Convertible 3800sc 4t65e HD.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As an extension of this question, what are people using for replacements for the automatic shifter cable? I recently did a brief search from some aftermarket suppliers of cables, and did not find any available auto trans cables for any year Fiero.
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Using stock cable from fiero as is and welded fiero ball onto modified shifter mechanism on 4t65e tranny. Not sure if there is a way to replace a worn out end or not - this has crossed my mind as it seems you can only press the plastic end on and off of the ball so many times before it starts to fall off. Have not had that happen yet.

------------------
84 NB, 3800SC, E-85, VS Cam, 3.0 Pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Regal GS Gauges, S-10 Brake Booster. 1/4 mile -12.05 at 111.7mph

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's nothing wrong with my plastic end but when I get the car on the road, to will burn the end off so I might as well get a head start on it.

------------------

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
in spite of my best efforts at heatshielding the plastic, i can smell it melting. still looking for info on what people are using for there ends to replace the plastic.

------------------

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock