Started on: 08-22-2013 07:24 PM
Replies: 44 (1415 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 09-20-2013 08:10 AM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFan86:

The fuel line and the clamp holding the gilter in place are extra rusted.Bought some wd40 and will
soak for a few days.

WD40 is better than nothing, but it is far from the best penetrating oil. Something like PB Blaster would be better.

Honna have to go buy s pair . 15mm wil do?

I don't recall the sizes off hand, but they're not both the same, whatever they are.

I read something about an O ring for this.Is it something I have to worry about?

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've never had to replace the O-ring on any Fiero fuel line I've ever worked on. And there's been quite a few Fieros over the years!
IP: Logged
Doni Hagan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome aboard, guy!!
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't ever remember an O ring on the filter, but if there is one, it's already in the inlet or outlet of the filter. I doubt it since the lines are flare fittings. There is an O ring on the cap of the fuel rail, though. It's not really necessary. I've been running one of my cars for years without the metal cap on the valve. PB Blaster or Liquid Wrench might be a better choice than WD-40 for the rusted bolts. Each time you spray them, give them a light bump with a tool.
FieroFan86

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFan86Send a Private Message to FieroFan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Big problem guys, the thing wont budge .

Its pretty rusted andcafter soaking drenching in pb blaster it still wont move,
What is the correct way to remove the fuel filter?
I got the flared wrench, correct size and all.
And if its stuck for good, what are my options now any ideas guys??
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have the wrench to hold the nut on the end of the filter and the flare wrench for the line fitting, have them handy underneath the car.
Next, if you have an AC recharge kit, place the end of the recharge hose against the line fitting and give it a good 30 second shot of AC refrigerant. Quickly try to loosen the line nut.
Dry ice placed against the line fitting can also work if you don't have the AC kit.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock