3800 sc sway mounts and alternator bracket by bilidol
Started on: 08-20-2013 11:39 AM
Replies: 11 (503 views)
Last post by: MstangsBware on 08-22-2013 01:32 AM
bilidol

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bilidolSend a Private Message to bilidolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a 86 gt that im putting a 96 riviera 3800 sc in to. ive read a bunch of threads and all say good and bad things about the monting bracket kits. what ones have worked for everyone? also on a side note is their anyone on here that lives in iowa?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bilidol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bilidolSend a Private Message to bilidolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I MENT TO SAY ENGINE MOUNT KITS NOT SWAY MOUNT FOR THE TOPIS.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"If" I was to do it Again, I would use the ones made from 1/4" plate, urethane bushings, and have 4 Mounting Points, not 3 ! (If you look at all the different Posts, you will see that some of the mounting techniques Use 4 Mounts instead of 2 for the trans and 1 for the front of the engine) If you have the 4th mount on the engine (below the rear window) the engine Cannot "Twist" , so you will most likely Not need a Dog bone. In "Hind site", it's worth the extra $.
bilidol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bilidolSend a Private Message to bilidolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IS THEIR ANY PERTICULAR PLACE TO GET THEM FROM? I KNOW THE GUY ON HERE MAKES THEM OR THE WEST COST FIERO ONES, BUT ARE THEIR ANY OTHERS OR ARE THEY ALL JUST ABOUT THE SAME?
race9887

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for race9887Send a Private Message to race9887Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used West Coast Fiero engine mounts on my swap, planning on building a 4th mount on the front side of the engine, I don't like the dog bone up top. The mounts worked good but you do have to be patient with West Coast.

------------------
Our projects

Fieros: 86 SE 3800 Series 2

Build Thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121858.html

bilidol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bilidolSend a Private Message to bilidolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you have to modify the brackets at all to do a motor and trany swap? ive read a few that said the holes didnt line up and had to be filled and redrilled?
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bilidol:

do you have to modify the brackets at all to do a motor and trany swap? ive read a few that said the holes didnt line up and had to be filled and redrilled?

I have uses all 3 vendors mounts over the 10 awapa I have done. None fit perfect and all where off in some way or another. About the only vendor stil selling mounts these days is WCF. If u order from them then orser way in advance cause u r gonna wait for them. Only other option is making ur own or finding some second hand some one is selling. Low mount just make it urself as that is a simple task that takes common hand tools.
bilidol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bilidolSend a Private Message to bilidolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks big help! im in no hurry ill e rebuilding the 3800 sc over the next year and a half so i got plenty of time to wait. but that doesnt make it fun. and as far as the lower alternater bracket with the dog bone. who makes thoes?
bilidol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bilidolSend a Private Message to bilidolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
does the hi flow fuel pump fromt the fiero store work for the 3800sc motor?
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you're using a 5 spd Getrag you might want to consider this guy. I bought his trans mounts and they fit very well and are also very strong.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/062781.html
bilidol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bilidolSend a Private Message to bilidolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I HAS JUST GUNNA DO THE STOCK 3800 TRANS.
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bilidol:

does the hi flow fuel pump fromt the fiero store work for the 3800sc motor?

Get a AC Delco EP381 off ebay to use...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock