Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Pennock's helps a n00b build a turbo 3800. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pennock's helps a n00b build a turbo 3800. by NoMoreRicers
Started on: 08-19-2013 03:51 AM
Replies: 48 (1635 views)
Last post by: NoMoreRicers on 04-30-2014 09:56 PM
NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put the stock keepers on and now I have plenty of valve stem height.
IP: Logged
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2013 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, another turbo 3800 build thread. I'm in the middle of a turbo 3800 build as well, maybe I should start my own thread soon. I haven't made one yet because I didn't think I had enough progress to make it worth it, but it looks like I do!

Main difference is I went with an L67 and have an L26 intake for it.
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2013 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Wow, another turbo 3800 build thread. I'm in the middle of a turbo 3800 build as well, maybe I should start my own thread soon. I haven't made one yet because I didn't think I had enough progress to make it worth it, but it looks like I do!

Main difference is I went with an L67 and have an L26 intake for it.

Yeah, it would definitely make for a nicer, cleaner 'build thread,' if one was to wait until they were near completion before posting. However, I'm going to have a bunch of questions along the way so I figured I would just incorporate all of them into the build thread.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2013 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh I have had my share of questions as well, I just asked in a different thread or individually. I definitely will be keeping tabs on this thread though.

Edit: Maybe I missed it, but did you say what transmission you are going to/planning to use?

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 09-13-2013).]

NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2013 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Oh I have had my share of questions as well, I just asked in a different thread or individually. I definitely will be keeping tabs on this thread though.

Edit: Maybe I missed it, but did you say what transmission you are going to/planning to use?

F23
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my 6265 today. I also got an LC1 wideband a little while back. I haven't died but I haven't made much progress.

Just slowly collecting parts.

Tomorrow I'm gonna try to make time to head to a pick n pull and pick up an L26 LIM and UIM.
1fast2m4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How's your build going? I'm also doing a turbo 3800 right now. I know a lot of us are conventionalizing on the 3800 Fiero Facebook page but I want to help keep Fiero.nl alive. where are you at? Hows it going? what about intercooling? and so much and so fourth?

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96)
HX-40, FrozenBoost I/C, 80lb injectors & E85 Coming soon.....

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1fast2m4:

How's your build going? I'm also doing a turbo 3800 right now. I know a lot of us are conventionalizing on the 3800 Fiero Facebook page but I want to help keep Fiero.nl alive.

Yes please do!
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1fast2m4:

How's your build going? I'm also doing a turbo 3800 right now. I know a lot of us are conventionalizing on the 3800 Fiero Facebook page but I want to help keep Fiero.nl alive. where are you at? Hows it going? what about intercooling? and so much and so fourth?

Unfortunately, I haven't made any progress. I've been doing lots of side work in addition to my 9 to 5. Since my last post I've gotten married and I'm buying my first house (it closes on the 16th). The new home includes a 24x30 foot shop and I've set money aside to buy a nice air compressor, welder, etc. After we get moved in, I'm going to slow down on the side work and get started on the Fiero again.

Chance
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock