It's in, It fits, (sort of) by trotterlg
Started on: 08-17-2013 09:54 PM
Replies: 6 (434 views)
Last post by: trotterlg on 08-19-2013 01:11 AM
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a little tall, but then I knew that. Engine compartment looks empty without all that junk hangine on an engine. Larry

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is that a epoxy or oil filled coil you got there sideways? Having raced many years and seeing many of them boil (its not pretty) id relocate that!!! after all your hard work you dont need a fire.
edit : My bad you have the manifolds going the other direction. just worried there for a min. sorry

[This message has been edited by dematrix86gt (edited 08-17-2013).]

trotterlg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am thinking the coil is probably one of the least of my worries right now. If it sparks it will run, (has already) I need to worry the wireing and a few plumbing and fule issues before I work on a cool coil Larry
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I mounted my coil on the trunk firewall, over to the driver side. I concurr about the location of the coil.

Second thing I notice is the air cleaner. I am told that type of cleaner the foam liner deteriorates.

I have a 14" K&N equipped chrome Corvette cleaner if you are interested. Lower profile for a better fit.

What CFM is your carb? Also, does it have an accelerator pump? If so, it will have to be adjusted for small displacement or you will have a pretty bad bogg issue.

Pretty engine. I wish you well on it running right.

Arn

------------------

dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make sure you post pics of how you run that exhaust that gonna be interesting to see! anyways Great job looks good!!!
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To add to Arns comment on the sir filter - one back fire and it goes up in flames - plus, if it's an oil filled coil, it will overheat mounted on it's side - regardless of where it is mounted - and won't live long!
trotterlg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look at the big picture, the coil is mounted to make it easy to get running and move around, the air cleaner is there so I can run it out of the car without big chunks of stuff going through the engine. All the fine tuning stuff can be done later. Today I got it back on it's own wheels, deck lid is cut and closes. I have the real air filter figured out, it will be really slick, just wait. Bled the breaks and clutch today, got most of the cooling system buttoned up and I think life will be good. Larry

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock