Power Window Woes! by RilesOfSmiles
Started on: 08-17-2013 09:25 PM
Replies: 2 (232 views)
Last post by: jaskispyder on 08-18-2013 09:34 AM
RilesOfSmiles

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RilesOfSmilesSend a Private Message to RilesOfSmilesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So my drivers side power window can barely go up and down and behaves like the front side is rubbing against so I pulled the inside of the door off and it turned out...

I was right! The piece of rubber that rubs against the front of the window is completely degraded and is causing friction on the window. Seeing as I can't pull my door skin off without breaking everything, I have no idea how to proceed.

How do I fix this?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You don't need to pull the door skin of to work on the windows. I am pretty sure you can get at everything from the inside. Certainly I've replaced dew wipes and door locks and had the door guts apart without pulling the skin.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go to www.michiganfieroclub.com and look at the tech tips. I have installed power windows/locks and replaced dew wipes without removing exterior panel.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock