What an 84 Indy should have looked like from the factory by snyderman
Started on: 08-15-2013 08:54 PM
Replies: 14 (476 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 08-17-2013 12:56 AM
snyderman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snydermanSend a Private Message to snydermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to share some photos of my build. It wouldn't have been possible without a lot of guidance and assistance from this forum. I'm still running the iron duke so it's all show no go, so that's a project for next year. Enjoy!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dburger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-15-2013 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need pictures of said build
snyderman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snydermanSend a Private Message to snydermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I'm working on it. They're coming...

[This message has been edited by snyderman (edited 08-15-2013).]

snyderman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snydermanSend a Private Message to snydermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

snyderman

204 posts
Member since Nov 2008
here's another
[
snyderman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snydermanSend a Private Message to snydermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

snyderman

204 posts
Member since Nov 2008
and a few more

You get the idea.
Carl Calderone

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm new to the forum and I've been poking around and checking out everyone's cars. I was wondering why you opted for the standard Fiero front and rear facia on your GT bodied car..... design choice? Or is that the way it was marketed in Canada.....?
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'84 with a fastback conversion?
snyderman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snydermanSend a Private Message to snydermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Carl,

Welcome. I always loved the Aero front end and the GT rear end. Now I have both together.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not a fan of the bumper pad, but I do like the fastback clip on a coupe.

Rob

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what exactly does this have to do with the 84 Indy? The fastback rear quarter didn't even exist back then. The "appearance" of the 84 Indy was fine. The problem was with the pathetic engine, suspension and brakes. I think my riding lawnmower has better performance
woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like what you have done with your car so far. I think the look is very refreshing and a great combination of factory parts. Keep up the good work and ignore the negitive cookie cutterreplys. This is your Fiero and should reflect your ideas and not mirror others.

Thanks for the pics,
Woody

------------------
woodys 427

PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by woodyhere:

I really like what you have done with your car so far. I think the look is very refreshing and a great combination of factory parts.

Agreed. A 84 bumperpad car with GT clip can look pretty good.

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

What exactly does this have to do with the 84 Indy? The fastback rear quarter didn't even exist back then.
The "appearance" of the 84 Indy was fine. The problem was with the pathetic engine, suspension and brakes.

Also agree. The Indy had the Aero nose and the cosmetics look great. Only the performance was lacking.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

snyderman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snydermanSend a Private Message to snydermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I've used the terms "Aero" and "Indy" incorrectly. Is there an expression for the pointy nose on the '84?
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by snyderman:

I guess I've used the terms "Aero" and "Indy" incorrectly. Is there an expression for the pointy nose on the '84?

It's commonly called the bumperpad bumper. You had me a little confused there, too.

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like it.
I've seen other bumperpad cars converted to fastback that didn't look nearly as good as yours.

I'm also a "non-aero-fastback" fan.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-17-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors