Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  3800 series 2 SC E85 guys - Going for 11's - Questions for those who have.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 series 2 SC E85 guys - Going for 11's - Questions for those who have. by DimeMachine
Started on: 08-15-2013 01:43 PM
Replies: 5 (672 views)
Last post by: DimeMachine on 08-16-2013 12:12 PM
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got close to 11's last time out (12.05). Plan on going back to the track and finally getting into the 11's.

This time I will have MT Drag radials - I think this should drop my 60' from 1.77 to 1.6ish.

I plan to spend more time adjusting the timing and AFR to find optimum.

Questions - what have you found that works for AFR and WOT timing. I am thinking low 11 AFR (Gasoline Scale) and about 20 degrees advance. I realize all cars are different but wanted to see if there is a general agreement as to approximate AFR & timing advance (as a point of reference). My engine info: 3800 SC series 2, VS cam, 60# injectors, E85, 2.8 pulley, free flow exhaust & intake.

Thoughts?

------------------
84 NB, 3800SC, E-85, VS Cam, 3.0 Pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Regal GS Gauges, S-10 Brake Booster. 1/4 mile -12.05 at 111.7mph

[This message has been edited by DimeMachine (edited 08-15-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What springs you running? If you have 105# you can change your shift points to 6K rpm.
Typically a higher AFR makes more powah? What were you running?
E85 seems to be equivalent to running an IC. If you add an IC you will smash, smash...smash !
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

What springs you running? If you have 105# you can change your shift points to 6K rpm.
Typically a higher AFR makes more powah? What were you running?
E85 seems to be equivalent to running an IC. If you add an IC you will smash, smash...smash !

Yes, I have the 105 springs and it shifts at 6150. seems like it really would like to keep reeving though but I decided from research a while back that 6200 is about the max for my pushrods. Anyone else have a comment about shift rpm with Stock rockers, 105 springs, stock pushrods?

[This message has been edited by DimeMachine (edited 08-15-2013).]

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried almost everything to run an 11 on street tires. With some DR's you should be able to do it.
I had a lot more umph off the line but my tires would spin if I gave it too much juice.
More timing and less boost may do it to, If you don't have any KR. I couldn't run more than 16* timing on 93 octane.
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could start at in the 11's AFR then lean it out and see how much it improves. I'm finding that my car likes 12.5-13 on the butt dyno but i'm sure you're seeing higher air temps.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

You could start at in the 11's AFR then lean it out and see how much it improves. I'm finding that my car likes 12.5-13 on the butt dyno but i'm sure you're seeing higher air temps.

I agree, my air temps are a lot higher and when I lean it towards 12, I have to back off the timing to fend off KR at the end of the 1/4 mile run (basically 3rd gear close to the end). What are you finding your setup likes as max WOT timing on E85?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock