Vac leak by LornesGT
Started on: 08-13-2013 10:23 PM
Replies: 4 (125 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 08-15-2013 08:15 AM
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have replaced all vacuum lines including EGR tube and tried the cover the IAC control hole but the engine still runs. Drop to about 500 RPM's from 900-1000 and smooths out quite nicely I might add but the IAC error pops up. I would think if I have a vac leak that a suction noise would increase from the leak in order to keep enough air to keep the engine running. I block the brake booster vac line and the two lines running to the evap canister controls and all, it still runs. Where does the tube on the back side of the EGR control go to, is it vac? I could not easily pull it off so I figured I would damage it. I also have quite a gas smell at the fuel cap, I replaced it but still smells quite strong.

I also found by mistake really that Rodney Dickmans tube running to the PCV is a little long. The pipe goes so far into the elbow that it blocks the 90 degree turn, motor runs rough with the crank case can't be ventilated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That EGR solenoid tube is not part of the vacuum system. It is connected to the air cleaner and provides clean air for the solenoid...the car runs fine without it.

I think your clue is the gas smell. You may have a broken vacuum line to the charcoal canister or somewhere else in the fuel venting system.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have cruise control, plug the upward pointing nipple on the trunk wall vacuum line.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys
I did plug what I think is the same lines your both talking about. I believe them to be the lines that come out under neat the MAP that have the rubber connector were Rodney's tubes end change to the rubber hoses that that run along the truck wall. At the same time I block the brake booster and still no dice on killing the engine.
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your car idles at 900-1000 the vacuum system is probably good.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock