Fuel feed line by EvilSqueezles
Started on: 08-12-2013 08:06 PM
Replies: 7 (216 views)
Last post by: Indiana_resto_guy on 08-14-2013 06:58 PM
EvilSqueezles

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
87 2.8 auto

I had 2 bad fuel feed lines. The one that runs from the fuel filter up to the fuel rail lines and connects there. One had a very bad kink in it, so I removed it. I had an extra one that I found a while back in a junkyard, but that one turned out to have a loose fitting so it spewed fuel. My question is, and i have already done this... will it hurt to take some 5/16 fuel line and cut the good metal (unbent) part off the one line and connect it via 2 hose clamps? I pulled the female end out as well as shoved it in and connected there with 2 clamps as well. Made sure it goes nowhere near the exhaust by routing it behind the year shield like stock.

The hose that I put in is the same length as the rubber part that was on the broken line. Will this hurt pressure at all? I drove the car since it had no leaks to text it out, and it seems to die out a bit at a constant throttle. But I don't know if that would be from that line or not. It seems very close in size as the rubber that was removed. Anyone done this before?

~James
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mikejhjr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a heads up, feed is 3/8 and return is 5/16. If it holds the pressure and moves the fuel then you can do whatever you want pretty much.
EvilSqueezles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm.OK thanks. Do you think that small difference would give it the symptom I listed though? Or could it be because I tuned it with that bent one in it and now I need to redo that.
mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything is possible. What kind of shape is your fuel filter in? Have you checked the fuel pressure at the rail yet?
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can use fuel hose rated for high pressure. This is available at auto parts stores, in bulk. For the metal parts, use coated brake line (so you can bend it without kinking).
EvilSqueezles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have yet to check the pressure, gotta get a gauge for it. Fuel filter is brand new. The line has a slight curve to it, nowhere near the point of worrying about it kinking. I am assuming that I am actually getting MORE fuel than before, not less. That metal line that was on there was almost bent shut, couldn't have been much fuel making it way through there. I'm just wondering, since it was tuned and timed with the old line bent that way.... if I should redo those things now that its getting more fuel. People set timing to hide problems all the time, I'm wondering if that's basically the case here since with more fuel its running worse. Idles great, but when driving it doesn't like to stay at an even throttle, dies out.

[This message has been edited by EvilSqueezles (edited 08-13-2013).]

mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What kind of shape is your ignition system in?
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where is it leaking fuel at? Is there an O ring that is supposted to be in that fitting is it present and in good condition?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock