Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Where should shift/select cable brackets be on Transaxle end for 3rd gear?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Where should shift/select cable brackets be on Transaxle end for 3rd gear? by ggfoster
Started on: 08-11-2013 11:26 AM
Replies: 2 (122 views)
Last post by: CowsPatoot on 08-11-2013 05:39 PM
ggfoster

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ggfosterSend a Private Message to ggfosterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1987 5 speed. It's in the title. Changing shift/select cables with adjustable cables from TFS I think I accidentally moved one of the brackets on the transaxle side and just want to make sure its in the correct spot before I hook them up.

Would also like to know if anyone else has bought these cables from TFS. the select cable end is significantly smaller than the old one and I can't use the old ball and socket bolt like they say. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What transmission is on it?
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
87 GT should be a Getrag...but it doesn't really matter since the shifter is the same.

I don't have a Getrag here to reference....but it should leave the select cable (side to side movement) in the middle, and the shift cable (forward/back movement) with the cable pushing on the transmission side. So....center both....then where the shift cable attaches, move it away from the cable mount.

Edit to add....in case you are confusing the two cables....when both are centered, the select cable bracket will move, but spring back....the shift cable bracket will notch into gear when it is moved.

[This message has been edited by CowsPatoot (edited 08-11-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock