How Light Can It Be? by RilesOfSmiles
Started on: 08-10-2013 09:48 PM
Replies: 8 (317 views)
Last post by: dobey on 08-12-2013 08:34 PM
RilesOfSmiles

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RilesOfSmilesSend a Private Message to RilesOfSmilesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious how light a fiero could be made. I mean remove everything except what makes it go. EVERYTHING. Including things like body panels and windshields. I'm guessing maybe 1,500 pounds.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
use the search , a member has been lightening his ride for a long time now .i dont recall his username , but i think he is down to 2200 or so . even without the body and glass etc , you would probably not hit 1500 .and why would you want to drive a car like that ?

[This message has been edited by wftb (edited 08-10-2013).]

92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RilesOfSmiles:

I'm curious how light a fiero could be made. I mean remove everything except what makes it go. EVERYTHING. Including things like body panels and windshields. I'm guessing maybe 1,500 pounds.

That is an easy one. Start taking stuff off your Fiero and weigh the item ...then minus it off the total weight ....keep doing that until it no longer goes....then put that part back on.

RilesOfSmiles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RilesOfSmilesSend a Private Message to RilesOfSmilesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably would have to use a miata to get below 2000 then
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can get a Miata below 2000lbs and still be street legal. Heck, you could put in an all-aluminum engine in a NA and that'd probably be enough to get it under 2000lbs.

From my rough calculations, a fiero with nothing unnecessary on it to make it drive would be around 1500lbs without chopping up the chassis. That'd be the space frame, front and rear suspension and the engine/drivetrain and that's it. No doors, no windshield, no body panels, nada.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-11-2013 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sonofjustice is the OP of this thread... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/112942.html A lot of weight information is gathered in this thread. Rather interesting.
Zac88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zac88GTClick Here to visit Zac88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zac88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

You can get a Miata below 2000lbs and still be street legal. Heck, you could put in an all-aluminum engine in a NA and that'd probably be enough to get it under 2000lbs.

From my rough calculations, a fiero with nothing unnecessary on it to make it drive would be around 1500lbs without chopping up the chassis. That'd be the space frame, front and rear suspension and the engine/drivetrain and that's it. No doors, no windshield, no body panels, nada.

Considering my NA is 2300lbs stock it would take a heck of a lot more than an aluminum block to get sub 2000lbs.
crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
die grinder time?
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2013 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The cradle and drivetrain alone will weigh less than 600 lbs. It's all the "make it go" bits. Everything else is accessory.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock