3800SC exhaust manifold by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 08-10-2013 08:45 PM
Replies: 8 (574 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 08-11-2013 03:40 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a exhaust" manifold" that can be used on the front side (under the window) (1997 3800SC), that the" Exit" points DOWN, not up like the cast iron 1997 Riviera Manifold. ? I'm trying to make a "Y" pipe, and that manifold is making things harder than it should be. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been thinking about the headers for a 3800 camaro and some say the 3.8 mustang manifolds will fit.

------------------
84 NB, 3800SC, E-85, VS Cam, 3.0 Pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Regal GS Gauges, S-10 Brake Booster. 1/4 mile -12.05 at 111.7mph

fieroaddicted

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DimeMachine:

I have been thinking about the headers for a 3800 camaro and some say the 3.8 mustang manifolds will fit.

i am using a left side mustang header for the front side. It's not a lot of work to make it fit really. The port openings line up almost perfectly, but I will need to oblong the holes to make it fit the head. Although the one i got does interfere with the block and starter a bit. i will have to section the top side of the primary tubes and bend it out and re-weld. There is a pic of the one i am using on my build thread,
troy

[This message has been edited by fieroaddicted (edited 08-10-2013).]

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neither of them will fit if you are using the automatic...
The mustang headers fit, but you have to cut out the center port, rotate it and reweld it because the holes don't line up.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, so much for that ! Thanks
fieroaddicted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why does this manifold not work?

//images.fiero.nl/2012/3800SC_14.jpg

Although the one i am using is a left side header and not the right witch is pictured here.

[This message has been edited by fieroaddicted (edited 08-11-2013).]

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am trying to make a "Y" pipe (putting a "Y" where the manifolds connect at the back) to run the exhaust down behind the trans like was stock. I'm Making NOT "real Duals". I want to be able to either use a converter, or glasspack Before my muffler (Like Stock). I would like it to be "Quiet" if I can. I Have listened to some of the "Sound posts" with the exhaust using 1 muffler, and some sound pretty good. just seems like without the "Secondary" (converter or glasspack) when you "back off" the gas, they all seem to get a "Backfiring" type sound.
fieroaddicted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

I am trying to make a "Y" pipe (putting a "Y" where the manifolds connect at the back) to run the exhaust down behind the trans like was stock. I'm Making NOT "real Duals". I want to be able to either use a converter, or glasspack Before my muffler (Like Stock). I would like it to be "Quiet" if I can. I Have listened to some of the "Sound posts" with the exhaust using 1 muffler, and some sound pretty good. just seems like without the "Secondary" (converter or glasspack) when you "back off" the gas, they all seem to get a "Backfiring" type sound.

Ahh ok i see. I can't see why you wouldn't be able to do what you are saying by using the "left" side 3.8 mustang manifold like i am using on mine. Maybe i am missing something here, not sure. The way I am thinking, you could use a crossover from back to front and run it right down beside the front header and "y" them together. Is this what you are trying to accomplish or am i missing what you are trying to do?

[This message has been edited by fieroaddicted (edited 08-11-2013).]

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suppose I could do that. was just wondering if there was a manifold from a different Model (Camaro, grand prix) that would just Bolt Up w/ no alterations needed.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock