Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Egnine compartment to inside wireing question.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Egnine compartment to inside wireing question. by trotterlg
Started on: 08-10-2013 04:56 PM
Replies: 3 (113 views)
Last post by: trotterlg on 08-10-2013 06:18 PM
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I have the computer out and the harness pushed back into the engine compartment. I am going out on a limb here and saying the other large connector above the computer (on the passanger side) and also going into the engine compartment carries the connections for stuff like oil pressure, temp gauge, tach, spedo and that kind of stuff. Is this right? Larry
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The engine/ecm harness contains the clear double connector that is the 203. The 203 connector has the +12 for the fuel pump relay, VSS wires, A/C, TCC, and a few switched 12V wires.

The other bulkhead connector passes through to the engine side as well and routes over to the 500 connector. That connector has Oil pressure, temp, tach, fan, starter wire, coil power, and backup lights

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The other passthru includes all the wiring for the rear of the car. You need to keep it if you care about things like tail lights and fuel pumps.

Normally swaps leave that alone and only connect at C203 and C500.
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I leave the passanger side connector untouched and pull the driver side connector and the computer, do I have to add anything else to make this thing run? I notice that the one I pulled had two relays on a plate wired to it on the inside of the engine compartment with a connector to the air filter. I took the plate off the FW and left all attached to the harness which is sittion on the engine now. Larry

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock