removing the cruise control system by bryantbackus
Started on: 08-10-2013 01:20 PM
Replies: 2 (510 views)
Last post by: bryantbackus on 08-10-2013 01:41 PM
bryantbackus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bryantbackusClick Here to visit bryantbackus's HomePageSend a Private Message to bryantbackusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am rebuilding an 87 gt and the car i have has no engine or transmission however, the cruise control components were left with exception of the steering column with the cruise control option. I would never use cruise control and the steering column I installed does not have the lever for cruise control. How would i go about removing the system and what could I remove? I see the vacuum canister and servo, but there are fuel lines and an accelerator cable coming from it. What could I remove and would I have to plug anything up to keep the engine functional? I am going to be putting in a rebuilt 3.4l from a camaro or firebird.
Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Think those are vacuum lines. Pull it all out, plug the lines and cut off the connector. Larry
bryantbackus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bryantbackusClick Here to visit bryantbackus's HomePageSend a Private Message to bryantbackusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
okay, and what about the module behind the carpet near the driver's right foot? Should I leave it or can it be taken out?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock