Started on: 08-10-2013 09:37 AM
Replies: 5 (146 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 08-10-2013 08:36 PM
Jonesy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, quick question..

Iv got a 86 SE, so it has the longer GT style nose on it..

Well long story short i let my father drive my car one day, and when he parked it back in the garage he parked it too close too the wall, and the bottom tip of the cars nose (fascia, whatever, lol) was pushed up a little.. Well since he didnt pay attention, it stayed that way for about 3 days, and now there is a "wrinkle" right there. Just noticed it about an hour ago after i got too work, and was looking at my car out the window. (i already called and bitched him out, dont worry) ..

Does anyone know how to get the wrinkle out? Its not super bad, but it is noticeable.. I grabbed a piece of PVC pipe and shoved it up inside the nose, then packed it up with paper bags and strapped it in with tape, to see if i can get it to "morph" back out. But its really hard to stuff anything in there and keep good pressure on it.. Right now most of the wrinkle is pushed out with the stuffing but i can't get the very tip to stay pushed up. I'm hoping since i got it stuffed, and its going to be sitting in the alabama heat for the next 10 hours maybe it will kinda reform itself some, but i dunno..

Any advice? Or am i just stuck with it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Park it facing the sun for a few days, most of it should come back out.......tell your dad you're sorry for bitc$#ng at him.........
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Park it facing the sun for a few days, most of it should come back out.......tell your dad you're sorry for bitc$#ng at him.........

So you think the heat will eventually have it come back out itself? Well thats good to hear, it sitting in the sun now, and will be all day. I'll leave the pipe stuffed in there for now to help it along. I'm just a little anal about stuff like this, that effect the look of my car. Been driving the same one for almost 20 years, and have always been extra careful about keeping it looking as good as i can.

And i didnt ***** dad out that bad.. Didnt yell at him or anything, just told him what he did, and how displeased i was at his carelessness with my car. And since this is the 3rd time hes messed something up on it this year, he deserved it this time.

StreetRod4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StreetRod4Send a Private Message to StreetRod4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Leaving it in the sun for a few days did the trick on my Formula. It crept very slowly down a hill on the parking brake into a trailer tongue Luckily I caught it before it tore the fascia
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah iv got it sitting in the sun now, has been all day.. Nose its hot too the touch lol.. The sun has moved since this morning so i moved the car a second ago to keep it in the sunshine. So far it looks ok, but i still have the pipe and paper stuffed in there holding it up, so when i go home in 5 hours ill take it out and see if it holds up.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the Sunlight won't do it, A Heat Gun or Hair Drier will, but be carefull not to get it TOO hot or it will hurt the paint.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock