Supercharger or turbo kit. by 86fiero3.4
Started on: 08-09-2013 10:15 PM
Replies: 9 (843 views)
Last post by: Hudini on 08-10-2013 08:15 PM
86fiero3.4

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fiero3.4Send a Private Message to 86fiero3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lets start this off by saying.... Yes i know how popular and amazing the 3800 swaps are.
I dont care. Im not asking for your input on that topic.

So. Im looking to add some forced induction to my 3.4 swap. Nothing crazy just like 7-8#.
Ive seen a turbo kit on ebay for 1050$ and saw some people used it and liked it. I also saw a supercharged 2.8 write up.
The supercharger used in it is no longer available. I guess my real question is.. Anyone have a kit ready to go?
Im talking like you had it(have it) running and driving.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierosound has his 3.4 supercharged. I'll look for a link to his webpage on it.

Here's the page: http://www.fierosound.com/s...ger/supercharger.htm

Edit: While I know you said you don't want to hear about 3800 swaps so I won't tell you about them. However, I will say fierosound has posted many times that if he ever wanted to do a SC on a engine for a Fiero again he'd just do a 3800SC swap and save himself some money.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 08-09-2013).]

ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are no "kits" to speak of that are being produced anymore. The ebay kit is a joke and JCircs was quite displeased with it amd scrapped it for a custom built kit. Custom might be more difficult and expensive but you know what you're getting if you build it. My turbo build is in my sig for an idea of what you'd need to gather parts. Good luck and keep us updated if you move forward with the project!

------------------

My turbo build

[This message has been edited by ConvictedRedneck (edited 08-10-2013).]

86fiero3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fiero3.4Send a Private Message to 86fiero3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is correct. Fierosound is the supercharged i saw. Forgot it was a 3.4. And i do know he didnt care for the build. But i like building and have access to anything id need. Its all in what the person likes or wants to get into.

And thanks ill take a look.
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just noticed you were in Bloomsburg! Get to Numidia dragstrip at all? If I can get my car tuned, I might be making a trip out there sometime this season.
I FAR I

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a great Vortech V9G on my 2.8 car and also have another complete kit in like new condition, with less than 1k miles on it for sale in the Mall.

[This message has been edited by I FAR I (edited 08-10-2013).]

Jonesy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
iv got a 3.4pr with a small turbo pushing 9lbs boost.. With a few other bolt on goodies.. Alotta fun! Really spunky car that pulls hard.

Mine was built using an old fiero turbo kit that was around a long time ago (don't remember the name) But i got it from Jeremy at the Fiero Factory.. He did the build as well.. I'm very happy with it, quick and fun, and reliable at the same time.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 08-10-2013).]

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

Mine was built using an old fiero turbo kit that was around a long time ago (don't remember the name) But i got it from Jeremy at the Fiero Factory..

I believe you're thinking of Design 1?

http://www.design1systems.com/turbo/index.html
86fiero3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fiero3.4Send a Private Message to 86fiero3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Redneck. Yes. I actually live like 5 minutes from it.

And thanks guys glad to see some people still have faith in the 2.8/3.4.
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pieced together a turbo for my 3.4L swap from a junkyard T3. It's allot of work but goes like stink.

Watch out for any advertised kits. Especially on ebay. I've bought way too many crappy, cheap parts thinking I was getting a deal. Buy name brand and build it yourself.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock