New to Fieros and have some questions by XThirtySeven
Started on: 08-05-2013 01:52 PM
Replies: 3 (170 views)
Last post by: TopNotch on 08-05-2013 03:07 PM
XThirtySeven

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After being a big VW enthusiast for the last 7 years I needed a change in platforms. So here I am with a 1988 GT 5 Speed and without a clue on what to do. Overall I love the car and its multitude of options on modifications but for now I just want to make it a solid driver. Here are my questions.

1. My bushings all look old cracked and worn. What are some good replacement bushing kits for all the bushings on the car? Is it worth going polyurethane? Any links to a full kit would be appreciated.

2. I want to lower my Fiero with a drop spindle up front and coilovers in the rear, what are good kits for this?

------------------
I bought a Fiero because my friends said I shouldn't.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DaytonTD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaytonTDSend a Private Message to DaytonTDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recommend rubber bushings for a good daily driver. Polyurethane are good for race but tend to squeak and are somewhat rougher in terms of ride quality, hence why they don't make for good everyday drivers.
FieroStore sells them as well as almost every other part you will need.

For springs if you want a kit then I recommend West Coast Fiero. Otherwise you can make a kit yourself from collecting parts.

Also almost every question you will have has been asked and explained, use the search function on here and you will get an answer instantly!

EDIT: Sorry I'm not sure about where to get drop spindles, and I am not exactly sure of their advantage over shorter springs either. I recommend shorter stiffer springs.

[This message has been edited by DaytonTD (edited 08-05-2013).]

XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for your answer. The Fiero won't be a daily so I would be ok with stiffness as long as its a performance upgrade. I will check out your link and do some searching.

From what I read drop spindles keep the front end geometry intact while still lowering the car. This way I will have better handling over just throwing some springs in.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For drop spindles, try Arraut Motorsports, formerly HT Motorsports.
Another option for dropping the font of your car is Rodney Dickman's Lowering Ball Joints.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock