Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  AFV5002 Angle Slide & Lock Fender Vents install questions?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
AFV5002 Angle Slide & Lock Fender Vents install questions? by GodSend
Started on: 08-04-2013 05:57 PM
Replies: 3 (358 views)
Last post by: Tha Driver on 08-05-2013 10:56 AM
GodSend

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordered these items about a year, just getting around to installing them. For those not familar here is the link :

http://angelonearth.net/cus...erglass/fenders.html

There are a few pictures, a quick set of instructions, and a template for cutting. The problem is, the template has no scale on it. I can't be sure if I am indeed cutting out the correct size hole. As my dad always said, measure twice, cut once, so here I am.

Seeking advice from The Driver (I will pm him on the side) or anyone else who has installed these in the past.

Original Template

What I BELIEVE is to be cut out and used as a template? Maybe you cut out the entire area including the white (ie , only cut off the gray areas labeled cut off, and use the white to line up with the edges, then cut the gray part out of the fender panel? Again, the instructions are a little vague.

Here is the template (just the gray section) taped to the fender. As you can see centering is difficult, which leads me to believe the white border should be kept on the template. Either way, I wanted to confirm when done I should have approximatly 1 cm of original material left on the front face of the fender for sliding, locking, and glueing.

Same template, but with the white area left on. I am guessing this is how it should look, and again I should end up with a 1 cm lip around the entire area (ie, cut the gray area out from the fender)

[This message has been edited by GodSend (edited 08-04-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The white part is the template. You have it positioned correctly in the last photo. Mark & cut inside of it & you're good to go.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
GodSend

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

The white part is the template. You have it positioned correctly in the last photo. Mark & cut inside of it & you're good to go.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Thanks Paul. It seemed to make more sense after I posted, but you know I only have one shot at it, so thought I would double check. Ill snap a few extra photos as I go about doing it just so others have more of a step by step.

You don't happen to have a measurement of how much you cut off the bottom for the GT version do you?

Cheers.
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GodSend:

Thanks Paul. It seemed to make more sense after I posted, but you know I only have one shot at it, so thought I would double check. Ill snap a few extra photos as I go about doing it just so others have more of a step by step.

You don't happen to have a measurement of how much you cut off the bottom for the GT version do you?

Cheers.

Sorry, no. I just have my jig marked where to cut. Once you have the fender cut, just place the vent in place & mark it, take it back off to cut it.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock