One Key vs. Two by avlonfrg
Started on: 08-04-2013 02:17 PM
Replies: 3 (253 views)
Last post by: tesmith66 on 08-05-2013 12:57 PM
avlonfrg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avlonfrgSend a Private Message to avlonfrgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few eons ago, I had a friend who worked for a locksmith. I had pulled out the 88GT ignition switch cylinder and asked him if he could replace it with one that would match the key for the doors and trunk.

This was accomplished for a paltry sum. Can a tinkerer such as myself find a cylinder I need or must I go to a locksmith?

John
in Baltimore

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can do it yourself.

I have an 94 S10 and the Fiero. I have often thought I should have all the locks keyed to a single key.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 08-04-2013).]

goatvenom

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for goatvenomSend a Private Message to goatvenomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i changed my old garage key to accapt my truck key so i could open all of my stuff with one single key, it was time consuming but make sure you know who has access to you keys.

Ryan

my way to make the keys all the same was to install keyless entry on my fiero so all i need is the ignition and thats it.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just ordered new door locks for the Fiero. Now I'm gonna have 3 keys! Can a locksmith re-key the decklid to match? Didn't want to pay the Fiero Store $70 for a matched set, so I got the doors for $20 from Rock Auto. I bet a locksmith will charge me $50...

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock