Door Hinge Repair by Pegasus88GT
Started on: 08-03-2013 03:08 PM
Replies: 2 (251 views)
Last post by: Pegasus88GT on 08-03-2013 06:09 PM
Pegasus88GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 88 GT just got painted and the painter showed me that the lower part of my door rubs because the lower hinge is loose. He said the hinge pin is bent. Do you guys think I need a totally new hinge or will the Rodney Dickman Hinge Repair Kit fix my problems. When you lift the bottom of the door up there is play in it. I appreciate any input!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As long as the bushing hole in the hinge isn't too egg-shaped, you should be able to get by with pins and bushings. I did my pins/bushings on my 88 last summer and they've held up great. You will need a special tool to compress the hinge detent spring. When I did mine, I disconnected the door harness wiring behind the kick panel and removed the entire door from the car after hammering out the pins ( have a helper). This made it real easy to pop in the new bushings.
Pegasus88GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply! I think I'll go ahead and get the kit and hope for the best.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock