neutral safety switch gremlins by Grantman
Started on: 08-02-2013 08:27 PM
Replies: 2 (177 views)
Last post by: James Bond 007 on 08-03-2013 09:58 AM
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so was going to try starting the 3.4pr swap for the first time. have power to lights etc. but no noise from the solenoid or starter. focusing on neutral safety switch. with switch off the transmission back up light will come on, place it on the transmission where it belongs back up light goes off. there is power from the harness to the switch. I did find the green wire broke in two. my real question is if the switch is hanging loose is it common for back up light to be on? sign the switch is bad? it worked when I took the old 2.8 out.
anything else obvious to look for other than checking for loose wires?

3.4PR went in along with a 4T60. 1986 fastback GT. BTW a new neutral safety switch to plug into the harness don't line up with the holes on the 4T60. what did you others do? I had a shop do some welding on the switch to make the holes line up. Is there an easier trick?

------------------
1986 Fiero GT Fastback
1979 Naked Honda Goldwing

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jumped the purple and yellow and motor will turn over so looks like i've got a problem with ns or connector. since the green wire broke apart need to fix that to know for sure ns is bad?
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I once had a drop or two of water get into the connector of the ns switch, the contact was green (copper), and preventing the backup light from going on (cleand and fixed). Ide buy a replacement from the wrecking yard. Your ns switch sounds like its falling appart.

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 08-03-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock