Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Probable ICM, but I need help for another Fiero owner.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Probable ICM, but I need help for another Fiero owner. by Tony Kania
Started on: 07-31-2013 11:37 PM
Replies: 4 (210 views)
Last post by: Ry86GT on 08-01-2013 11:00 AM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-31-2013 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good evening,

I recently have been helping out a gentleman that has purchased an amazing 88 GT. There is not a wear mark in the seat, nor a crack in the dash. Heck, even the console has only the smallest warping. Tail light lenses are perfect also. He picked it up from a neighbor after it sat in a garage that was not opened for 16 years! A true Fiero barn find.

I drove an hour north to help him look the car over. I got her to start up, but it did not stay running for more than 5 or so seconds. He is going to purchase a new ICM this weekend. He is in the process of replacing the fuel pump also. Relays and oil pressure sender, and relays are next after.

So, I think I am on the right path, but because it is not my car, I want to try and not spend tons to fix her. Suggestions other than what I stated?

Thanks in advance...

It's OK, I am jealous also. Hey, at least I offered him $100 more than what he paid. He paid almost nothing!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If its the ICM the tach will not read when cranking.

Relays should be good, I wouldn't worry with the O/P sender either, its probably better than what is now available.

Check and restore the grounds in the wiring.

GOOD FIND!
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There has to be fuel issues on a car that sat 16 years. The 5 second run time may be due to the cold start injector. The other injectors may be stuck.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See! I did not think of everything.

Thanks guys. I will look into these things too.

He really has a solid base to start with. I hope I can get her on the road for Bud.
Ry86GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ry86GTSend a Private Message to Ry86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do a fuel filter too. I was surprised how nasty mine was when I took it off - the car had only ~10,000 kms in the last 11 years.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock