Power Window Switch by PurpleGryphon
Started on: 07-31-2013 08:22 PM
Replies: 4 (654 views)
Last post by: PurpleGryphon on 07-31-2013 10:30 PM
PurpleGryphon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleGryphonSend a Private Message to PurpleGryphonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The last owner of my car was a smoker. When looking it over, I realized that the center console under the shifter was filled with ashes, tobacco, cigarette butts, change, and other junk. So I took apart the console to clean it out, and in doing so, took the power window switches off their plugs. I probably shouldn't have, but I started with the driver's switch, and when I pulled it off, the chip separated from the switch, and these little pieces fell out. I'm pretty sure I have all the parts, I'm just not sure how they go together. Can anyone help me out?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-31-2013 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure, but clean the terminals of the switch and the connecter before assembly. It will help in longevity of the system.
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can find replacements at the wrecking yard...late model Camaro and Firebird,from what I remember.
imacflier

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for imacflierSend a Private Message to imacflierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here you go: http://www.fieros.eu/docs/h...zmanwindowswitch.pdf

This is a link to Jazzman's old power window switch referbishment thread....WITH the pics! (Thank you Jazzman)

Should be everything you could want to see and know!

Larry
PurpleGryphon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleGryphonSend a Private Message to PurpleGryphonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, guys. I got it all cleaned out, and managed to reassemble one working switch from the two. I'm missing one piece. Thing is, I know I saw the piece taking apart the console. It fell into the cavity with the shifter, and I pulled it out before I brought in the vacuum. Now if I can only locate it...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock