Manual transmission selection by Lamboracer
Started on: 07-31-2013 02:31 PM
Replies: 5 (269 views)
Last post by: jaredmurray88 on 07-31-2013 11:31 PM
Lamboracer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LamboracerSend a Private Message to LamboracerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am planning a 3800 turbo swap and I am can't decide which 5 speed transmission to use. It is said that the f23 can only withstand 170 ft-lbs of torque, is this accurate? What would be the best 5 speed to use?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The F23 is arguably the sturdiest 5 speed out there.
Lamboracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LamboracerSend a Private Message to LamboracerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there any problem with its power handling? I want to use the f23 im just thrown off by what the power handling is.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe the 170 ft.lbs figure is incorrect.

BV Motorsports has one bolted to a turbo 3800.
Trinten has one bolted to a small block Chevy that makes about a million horsepower. (An exaggeration, of course, but it's seriously around 400.)

I have an NV T550 (late Getrag 282) bolted to my 4.9. It's only about 220 HP, but it's a torque monster. Probably ~300 ft.lbs. Haven't broken anything yet.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-31-2013).]

Lamboracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LamboracerSend a Private Message to LamboracerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you im glad you cleared that up for me!
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hijack but can ANYBODY give some info on which year cobalt had the gearing best for the v8? I think it was a 3.94 or something? All around me there are like 85% of the worlds supply of wrecked cobalts in the yards.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock