notch back rear deck louvers by Ducati Jones
Started on: 07-31-2013 10:25 AM
Replies: 3 (171 views)
Last post by: Khw on 07-31-2013 02:07 PM
Ducati Jones

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ducati JonesClick Here to Email Ducati JonesSend a Private Message to Ducati JonesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I own a 1986 SE w/ 2.8. Both rear deck louvers on my car have a solid plate under the top louvers. A co worker has an 1987 w/ 2.5 and his have a screen instead of a solid plate. Have mine been modified or is this just a production change or just the difference between the I4 and V6? Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwClick Here to Email KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yours might have been modified by a previous owner. They probably did it thinking it would keep leaves and such out to reduce fire hazard completely ignoring they are needed to vent engine heat.

HOWEVER, that may not be the case at all. Have you taken them out to look at them or only looked from the top down through them? Reason I ask is early vents had a hex mesh in them, latter vents had a louverd steel plate. If I remember correctly the louvers are under the ribs to reduce the chance of leaves and such getting through them. This can give the illusion of a solid plate when it actually isn't. So if you have not actually reremoved one to check, you should be able to just feel the underside of one and find out.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 07-31-2013).]

Ducati Jones

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ducati JonesClick Here to Email Ducati JonesSend a Private Message to Ducati JonesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had both out messing with the battery and changing theair filter. Both have a flat sheet metal plate instead of a screen or a plate with louvers. In fact I added some speednuts to them as some were missing when I bought the car. I bought the car last fall and I know little of it's history. Looks like I should correct this. As you were saying this is stopping the intent of having the louvers there in the first place. Thanks!
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwClick Here to Email KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I would get some type of screen on them before you do to much extended driving in the heat for sure.

I wasn't sure if you knew about the different "screens" across the years, so I thought I'd mention that possibility .

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock