Transmission Inspection Plate by PurpleGryphon
Started on: 07-30-2013 10:39 PM
Replies: 9 (448 views)
Last post by: trotterlg on 08-01-2013 10:41 AM
PurpleGryphon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleGryphonSend a Private Message to PurpleGryphonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just bought an 85 2M4 this past weekend, and my dad and I have been working to get it into decent shape so that I can take it back to school with me this Fall. Got the oil changed and replaced the spark plugs and the oil filter so far, along with cleaning the thing up. The car did not come with the owners manual, or any other paper work. When we got the thing jacked up for the first time, my dad took one look under the car and told me I need to find a "transmission inspection plate", because apparently mine is missing. He said we'd have to go look in the junk yard, but is that a part we're likely to find in a local junk yard? Has any one else had to replace one of these before?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did your dad say why you needed to find the inspection plate? Is it a manual or automatic? Maybe he meant the plate that covers the transmission flywheel inspection hole. That piece could be found at a junk yard.

Could he have meant the transmission ID plate? The ID plate is not a functional part. The transmission can also be identified by checking the RPO code label on the front left wheel well in the trunk. Here is a listing of the transmission RPO codes from www.fierosails.com:

MD9 3-speed automatic transmission (THM125C)
MG2 Transmission, manual, 5-speed (Muncie) 3.61 ratio
MG3 Transmission, manual, 5-speed (Muncie)
MM4 Transmission, manual, 4-speed, provisions
MM5 Transmission, manual, 5-speed, provisions
MT2 5-speed manual transmission (Isuzu) 3.35 ratio
MV9 3 speed automatic transmission (THM200C)
MX1 3 speed automatic transmission
MY7 4-speed manual transmission (Isuzu)
MY8 4-speed manual transmission (Muncie) 3.32 ratio
M17 4-speed manual transmission (Muncie) 3.65 ratio
M19 4-speed manual transmission (Muncie) 4.10 ratio

[This message has been edited by jazz4cash (edited 07-30-2013).]

PurpleGryphon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleGryphonSend a Private Message to PurpleGryphonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's an auto. Sorry, I can't believe I forgot to include that. He said it keeps junk from getting where it shouldn't be, so I'm guessing it's the "transmission flywheel inspection hole" cover plate.
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would it look something like this?
PurpleGryphon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleGryphonSend a Private Message to PurpleGryphonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trotterlg:
Would it look something like this?

That's the one!
trotterlg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This one is off a 2.5 with a isuzu 5 speed, it will not fit my 2.8/3.1, but I bet it fites you 2.5 auto, someone will know, but I think you would be good to go. $10.00 I pay the shipping and it is yours. Larry
PurpleGryphon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleGryphonSend a Private Message to PurpleGryphonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the sound of that, but right now I can't really spare $10 if I don't know it'll work. Can I do a little research and get back to you? I'm fully willing to pay what you're asking, I'd just like to be a little more sure of what I'm getting into before I commit.
trotterlg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about if I send it to you and if it works you tell us and send me $10.00? Larry
PurpleGryphon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleGryphonSend a Private Message to PurpleGryphonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good to me. I'll PM you.
trotterlg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got it, send your address and things are good. Larry

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock