Wheel studs for beretta upgrade by pontiacfierokid1985
Started on: 07-30-2013 01:28 PM
Replies: 13 (390 views)
Last post by: pontiacfierokid1985 on 08-01-2013 09:50 PM
pontiacfierokid1985

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok im having trouble trying to find the longer 54mm wheel studs that i need for the beretta brake upgrade what year gm vehicles had the longer wheel studs so i can finish up the front part of the upgrade. Would it be recommended to reuse the original 42mm wheel studs that came on the factory hub ?????
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look for Dorman part # 610-323. I was able to find them on Amazon.
pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok will do can i use that part number through like advance auto or autozone
zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiacfierokid1985:

Ok will do can i use that part number through like advance auto or autozone

Yup just go to their website and verify that first
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I got them a while back Autozone and NAPA had some issues tracking them down. O'Reilly has them listed on their webpage and can get them, but they're marked "limited availability" so you may have some issues getting them all at once.

Summit Racing has them listed and available, and you can get 20 for right around $30, so about a buck fifty each give or take.
pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea they are pretty tough to get so far advance can get them for 26.00 bucks, autozone cant even get them so it seems like im gonna have to get them from advance and wait for them to be shipped :-(
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Autozone has them under part #610-323.1 and my local store keeps 3 in stock. Oreilys also stocks them and is cheaper.
The .1 designation is for an individual wheel stud vs. a box of 10.

They are the stock front wheel studs for the 2006-2008 H3, so have them look up that application if needed.

Ebay, Summit, Jegs... all sell them by the box of 10... only issue is Dorman can't count. I have purchased about 8 boxes from various places and 5 of the boxes only had 9 in them.

If you are using an aftermarket set of hubs, there is a chance they have the larger wheel stud hole. If that's the case, this thread lists the part # for them.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/126744.html
pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok here is a update i got the studs finally autozone had them under a h3 hummer sweet deal now that i got the studs in and the hub bolted up to the spindle slide the rotor over lined up in the stud an the rotor doesnt sit inside the hub who knows the measurements needed to make them sit in the new beretta brake rotor so my uncle can have them turned down ?????

[This message has been edited by pontiacfierokid1985 (edited 07-31-2013).]

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you already had the stock rotors turned down? If so, then whoever turned them down didn't make them small enough to fit inside the Grand Am rotors.

In any case, just measure the diameter inside the Grand Am rotor (where the turned down hub needs to fit in), and turn down the hub slightly smaller than that.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiacfierokid1985:

Ok here is a update i got the studs finally autozone had them under a h3 hummer sweet deal now that i got the studs in and the hub bolted up to the spindle slide the rotor over lined up in the stud an the rotor doesnt sit inside the hub who knows the measurements needed to make them sit in the new beretta brake rotor so my uncle can have them turned down ?????

Punctuation is our friend. It makes it soooo much easier to read your posts so we can understand and answer your questions........

ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OReillys stocks part 610-323 in almost every store (at least in Michigan) They are listed for a 92 Bonneville.
PFF
System Bot
pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No the only work i did to the hubs was cut the rotor off and install the longer studs. I thought all i had to do is cut the rotor off an the ga brake would slide over it but i guess i was wrong.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to say it, but yeah you were mistaken. If you know someone who has a lathe, it should be pretty easy to turn those hubs down.
pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea im gonna have to take everything apart tomorrow and drop them off to the machine shop my uncle isnt gonna be able to do it at his shop hope it wont be to much money since i the hard part is done already

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock