steering wheel by coady
Started on: 07-29-2013 11:32 PM
Replies: 6 (700 views)
Last post by: mmeyer86gt/gtp on 07-30-2013 10:29 PM
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know if a steering wheel from a 2004 grand prix will fit on the fiero. i know it has an air bag in it which i would take out first but would i need to do any mods.
thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anyone have any idea?
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe the newer steering wheels have a different spline count / size. I seem to remember a thread where someone was trying to modify a newer steering wheel to fit the fiero shaft.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The later model steering wheels have different splines. I wanted steering wheel radio controls in my fiero. I use a '99 grand am steering wheel. I changed the upper steering shaft (tilt wheel) for a later model grand am, I believe it was from a '98. It was not hard to do, but you have to have a little knowledge of the steering column. I got the idea from a forum member i believe his name is "Skitime". he has a wonderful build thread and it has information in it about the steering shaft swap
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
awesome thanks i will look it up
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have done it using a 87 gta wheel, 90 grand am wheel, and finally on a 92 firebird wheel. if you want to go steering wheel controls you will want to get all of the upper parts from a 91-94 pontiac with air bag and steering wheel controls for the newer pass through for the connections. the older with the conenctions on the plastic horn piece is a waste of time trying to get it to work correctly.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mmeyer86gt/gtp

3853 posts
Member since Sep 2001
also even wheels today will still fit on our steering wheel hookup there still is no difference.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock