Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  1988 Mera (GT) Door wiring two extra connectors?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
1988 Mera (GT) Door wiring two extra connectors? by jrr
Started on: 07-29-2013 11:00 AM
Replies: 7 (352 views)
Last post by: jrr on 08-01-2013 01:32 PM
jrr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jrrSend a Private Message to jrrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all: I am rebuilding an original 1988 Mera from the Sandy storm. The door window motors and power locks had to be replaced. I have the window motor in and working. I am confused by the remaining harness plugs. One is for the door lock actuator. I have two small plugs remaining in the rear of the door near the actuator. I only see one plug to fit the actuator what are the other two plugs for? #1 Black and Black/Tan # 2 Black and Black/Grey. I can find where these go or what they are for? Any ideas? Thanks jrr
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IFLYR22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IFLYR22Send a Private Message to IFLYR22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did Pontiac switch the door ajar or courtesy lighting switch to the locking mechanism in the 88's?

-Dave
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about power mirrors?
jrr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jrrSend a Private Message to jrrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Door pin for courtesy lights is in the forward door jamb not the interior of the door and it works. The mirrors are different (wish they weren't) Vitalone and they are running from the mirror into the door and then the door jamb as well. The wires I am concerned over,are in the rear of the door. They can only be attached to something near the door lock or power lock actuator. They are too short to go anywhere else or are attached in the harness lines towards the rear of the inside door near the lock. The actuator has only one connector. I am left with two others and don't know where they go. They are small and thin and only two wires each.
Could this be for a speaker in the door that was never used? Thanks JRR

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The door ajar is wired to the door latch, colors are black and black/orange. It appears that there is a short pigtail to attach the door ajar switch wiring to the wiring harness in the door, the plug designator at the front door jamb is C-315 (left) and C-316 (right).

I hope this information is of some help to you.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 07-30-2013).]

IFLYR22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IFLYR22Send a Private Message to IFLYR22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know the mera's, but the fiero never had door speakers.

My 85 has 88 wiring (from a base coupe), and looking at my old pictures (35mm) from when I rebuilt the doors, I had two small wires going to the lock mechanism, but you said 4...

Normal for power everything in a door:

Door lock/unlock switches (4 wires)
Door lock actuator (2 wires)
Door window regulator (2 wires)
Power mirrors (3 wires plus ground)

-Dave
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jrr:

Door pin for courtesy lights is in the forward door jamb not the interior of the door and it works. The mirrors are different (wish they weren't) Vitalone and they are running from the mirror into the door and then the door jamb as well. The wires I am concerned over,are in the rear of the door. They can only be attached to something near the door lock or power lock actuator. They are too short to go anywhere else or are attached in the harness lines towards the rear of the inside door near the lock. The actuator has only one connector. I am left with two others and don't know where they go. They are small and thin and only two wires each.
Could this be for a speaker in the door that was never used? Thanks JRR

I own a stock 88 Mera. There were no additional door speaker installed by Corporate Concepts. Other than the Vitaloni Mirrror wiring everything else is stock 88 Fiero. Perhaps the previous owner had installed door "poppers". The doors are a bit difficult to open with the hidden handles. Just a guess.on my part but since the wires were located near the rear of the door this makes sense.
jrr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jrrSend a Private Message to jrrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I opened the other door as well since both door lock actuators are bad. The two sets of wires I am looking for are actually connected together it turns out. (Stupid me!) On the Drivers door there is a flat plate with a switch and two wires that is connected to the door lock itself which broke off and this is what was confusing me. I can see it connected on the passenger door. I can only assume this would allow you to put the key in one door and both would unlock or lock? This has never worked before. Does anyone know what I am describing? Will I be able to get the actual lock out to fix or replace it? JRR

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock