Monsoon Radio .. Sub making extremely loud pulsing sounds by gmctyphoon1992
Started on: 07-28-2013 07:53 PM
Replies: 5 (362 views)
Last post by: lou_dias on 07-28-2013 09:09 PM
gmctyphoon1992

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT.. Has Factory Peformance sound and a brand new Subwoofer from Rodney Dickman (new Pioneer speakers also). I just installed a Monsoon radio out of a 1999 Trans Am/Firebird...

I used this connector basically (same colors) http://www.sonicelectronix....=28403&picture_id=-1

With the slider at minimum the sub works ok with the radio.. With the slider at maximum the sub seems to over amp distort shutoff than make an extremely loud pulsing sound until I shutoff the radio or the car (after I shut off either it makes one more pulsing sound than turns off).. (this is while everything else is playing and operating fine including the speakers)

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/126722.html This guy seemed to have a similar problem I see and the last post in that thread states ("you need to cut the blue wire from the connector side and splice into the red wire--that is how it sends low voltage to the amp")

With the connector that I have in the link above is he basically stating to cut the blue wire from the connector and splice it into the red wire on that same connector? And what he is saying is that it will send a low voltage to the amp and prevent the sub from distorting?

Conner

------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero Gt (fully optioned, factory leather, 5-speed, CJB T-Tops: Black w/ gray interior and blk wheels)
1992 GMC Typhoon #0203
1971Chevorlet Corvette 454cu/ LS5/ 4-speed/ convertible
1993 BMW 850 Ci 6-speed V-12

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The problem is in the factory harness, the power antennae line supplied 12v to the AMP.
In your new harness, the power antennae line is a signal. Hence you need to cut that line and splice with 12v so the amp gets a steady 12v.
gmctyphoon1992

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sounds good so I get what your saying.. the Red wire = IGN and the blue wire = ANT.. Im going to have to cut and splice the blue wire from the connector side to the red wire.. and so the blue wire from the radio side will just be capped off?
jhgraham

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jhgrahamClick Here to visit jhgraham's HomePageSend a Private Message to jhgrahamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1986 Premium Sound. I had the same problem. Cable manufacturer instructed me as to the correction. Cut and ignore. Woofer works perfectly now.
gmctyphoon1992

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RESOLUTION:

So I just spliced the ANT (blue) wire to the IGN (red) wire on the connector side and disregarded the blue wire on the radio side and it works great now without the pulsing sound...

Now to fix that stupid crack in the sub box

thanks for the responses guys

Conner

[This message has been edited by gmctyphoon1992 (edited 07-28-2013).]

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem. I went the more complicated route with one of my installs and wired it to the cigarette lighter with a relay to the 12v power so that the power would come from the lighter but only when the radio came on.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock