Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  1987 V6, automatic, cable end on transaxle. Plastic end coming off.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
1987 V6, automatic, cable end on transaxle. Plastic end coming off. by 1987Fiero_GT
Started on: 07-28-2013 05:46 PM
Replies: 3 (87 views)
Last post by: EvilSqueezles on 07-29-2013 05:21 PM
1987Fiero_GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1987Fiero_GTSend a Private Message to 1987Fiero_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys,

I have a 1987 Fiero GT fastback with a V6 and automatic transmission. The transaxle end of my cable has a plastic piece which pops down over the little ball post for gear changing. This plastic piece will not remain on the ball post. I acquired the car with the issue so I am not familiar with what proper attachment should look like.

A little info gained by visual observation...

There is no clip on top nor any insert inside the plastic end. Right now it just sits on top of the post until it slips up and off. The previous owner used a tie wrap to help maintain the angle of the cable which helps a lot! But I need to remedy this issue with a more permanent fix.

Any and all input would be most appreciated!!!

Jeff
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
new cable would be my best guess..

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

Tweeder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Duck tape,lol. What about taking the arm off, flip it over and grind it down till you can see the stem of the ball and punch it out. You will be left with a hole, put a bolt with a nylock nut and I think that'll work?

------------------
86 SE Convertible 3800sc 4t65e HD.

EvilSqueezles

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock