exhaust by marot
Started on: 07-27-2013 02:56 PM
Replies: 12 (315 views)
Last post by: marot on 07-31-2013 02:52 PM
marot

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi guys, i have a f 355 fiero with 3.4 puschrod open k@n filter , and (stock )exhaust system with cat and oem muffler with resonated tips,
but its loud to me,how can i make it quiter, i get headach if i drive it everyday,so it must be quiter, can i put a little resonator after the cat
and if that is not enough another little resonator before muffler i had put cc inserts between cat and muffler but it didnt do much.
i realy need to do this,please help ,thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the stock muffler old? Sometimes they loose the baffles and still look good on the outside.
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your CAT may be gutted, and that will increase the noise. Like the man said, the muffler could be rotted inside.

Time for a new CAT and a new muffler.

Arn
marot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
muffler is new, and the cat is not clocked
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some mufflers are not so quiet. What type of muffler do you have?

Arn
marot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the muffler is stock oem (walker)
marot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

marot

25 posts
Member since Jun 2013
so guys,what you think, can i put alittle resonator after the cat i have a little room for the resonator but it can and one before the muffler
under the axle,there it fits too. the resonator is about 8 inces long , so it fits,thats no problem, but the qestion is will it help reduce the sound
marot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

marot

25 posts
Member since Jun 2013
i found a litlle midmuffler too ,would that be better
I FAR I

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vibrant brand resonator should quiet things down to your satisfaction.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vibr...em48475e0107&vxp=mtr

Or Ultra Quiet... http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-...em3a82fdb4b3&vxp=mtr

[This message has been edited by I FAR I (edited 07-28-2013).]

crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your cat has pressed in plugs, I have had them burn out.

Have you had it up on a lift to look at it running?
Look for splits in the tubing or other leaks that can cause noise.
marot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i am planning for two ultra quiet vibrant resonator 1 after the cat and 1 before the muffler, or is just 1 enough,what you guys think of this
PFF
System Bot
marot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi guys, i looked at my cat and its small in size, is the original one big in size, maybe thats why its too loud
marot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so finaly we put a mid muffler (center silenser) it quited down the noise ,but its too restrictive while i am driving,the car is hesitating ,not responding well if i throttle, and we put it just before the muffler, should i put that of again and put a ultra quiet resonator instead of the centre silenser, i saw that the vibrant resonator was not restrictive it has the same diameter as the stock exhaust pipes of the fiero

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock