question on f body exhaust for 3800 by kikinz24
Started on: 07-25-2013 08:21 AM
Replies: 5 (532 views)
Last post by: MulletproofMonk on 07-25-2013 06:47 PM
kikinz24

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kikinz24Send a Private Message to kikinz24Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok I was reading about exhaust manifolds and better flow came across a few ppl using f body exhaust manifolds.. but read 00-02???? I found a pair off a 99?? Is there any flow difference? Will they work??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
aaronkoch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure as to the year differences, but they work just fine. You can compare your manifolds to mine, pics in by build thread in the link in my sig. Don't forget to pick up an ac delete pulley. They sound great!

------------------

Build thread for my 88 + 3800NA swap

kikinz24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kikinz24Send a Private Message to kikinz24Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes they are infact different. Urs are 2000+ and I have an a/c delete already
kikinz24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kikinz24Send a Private Message to kikinz24Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kikinz24

729 posts
Member since Jun 2010
I also see mustang 3.8 manifolds are setup like the fbody ones. Anyone know if they fit exact?? And flow good??
aaronkoch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mustang ones require rework. Just use the ones that work.

I spent $30 at the junkyard, just walked in and asked for the manifolds from a camaro or firebird with the 3800.

------------------

Build thread for my 88 + 3800NA swap

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aaronkoch:
I spent $30 at the junkyard, just walked in and asked for the manifolds from a camaro or firebird with the 3800.

Wow, that is cheap. The 3.8L Mustang headers I got at the pull-n-pay cost me $70 AND I had to pull them myself which sucked... No idea why I pulled them but I keep moving them out of my way on the shelf. I think the only thing you have to do is cut the center pipe, rotate it to match the 3800 holes and weld it back up. Still more work than you had to do.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock