Brake or Transmission lines ?? by 86 Vintage Fiero
Started on: 07-24-2013 09:38 AM
Replies: 1 (148 views)
Last post by: jaskispyder on 07-24-2013 09:49 AM
86 Vintage Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 Vintage FieroSend a Private Message to 86 Vintage FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was working on my 86 GT wheel well (driver side rear) when I noticed small droplets coming off a metal line covered with rubber hose (probably for protection against rubbing). When I went to touch it I realized it was rubber hose covering another rubber hose, connected to a metal line. These two metal lines run from the front of the car to the rear all along the drivers side. I tracked them up through the front plastic tire cover and it looks like they are going to the master cylinder. I thought brake hoses should not be connected to rubber hoses? I also forgot to mention that the metal lines look like they have small washers attached to the line every 1/8" apart.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Automatic transmission has two lines running to the back, on the driver's side. Brake line runs on the passenger side.
The lines are metal, wrapped in a stone guard wire. They connect to rubber lines near the tranny. You can replace these lines with generic brake line material, or rubber transmission hoses, or a combination. Just flare the metal lines a little where you connect to rubber tranny lines.

BTW, if you get metal lines, get the coated lines (green), as you can bend them without a tool and they won't kink.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock