New Poly Dog Bone from WCF by jhgraham
Started on: 07-22-2013 08:50 PM
Replies: 7 (353 views)
Last post by: Bruce on 07-23-2013 07:09 PM
jhgraham

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jhgrahamClick Here to visit jhgraham's HomePageSend a Private Message to jhgrahamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The new poly bushing dog bone from WCF is great looking and installation was perfect. However I notice a lot of motor vibration on the steering wheel now. Sugestions please; live with it or return to origional rubber insert dog bone or is there a fix?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Likely if you have the rubber motor and transmission mounts you are just transfering the engine vibration through a single point which is the dog bone mount. The poly has a lot less give to it, so the engine is basically rigid at the dog bone while the bottom is free to bounce around on the rubber. Larry
crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone make poly engine mounts?
trotterlg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most people use all poly I think, don't know if that woudl solve your problem or make it worse. Yes, there are poly transmission and engine mounts for Fiero. Same place the poly dog bone came from. Larry
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought from Rodney Dickman. High quality products, good prices, fast ship.
http://www.rodneydickman.com/polymotormounts.html
http://www.rodneydickman.com/PolyMounts.html

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

FieroDan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDan86Send a Private Message to FieroDan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did the same thing when I had the engine/trans out on my '88GT: poly dogbone and new rubber engine and trans mounts, but I never had any problem with vibration. Maybe because the '88 V6 is internally balanced? '88 cradle is bolted directly to the frame unlike 84-87? Maybe your engine is running rough? I don't know why the engine vibration should be excessive if everything is balanced, running smooth and straight. If nothing else, could/would you put in a new rubber dogbone?
jhgraham

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jhgrahamClick Here to visit jhgraham's HomePageSend a Private Message to jhgrahamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all...Since this is my show machine I will live with it for now as I love the looks. Maybe after a break-in period it will get better, maybe worse.
Bruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased the poly dog bone from The Fiero Store in 1997 and haven't had any problems. The stock mount was shot (rubber was worn out), and there was a loud "thunk" when I changed gears. TFS's mount completely solved that problem.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock