Stripped throttle body bolt removal? by Heretic
Started on: 07-19-2013 07:12 PM
Replies: 4 (380 views)
Last post by: Heretic on 07-21-2013 01:08 PM
Heretic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HereticSend a Private Message to HereticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to do my valve cover gaskets this weekend. I've got everything unhooked/unbolted to get the upper plenum off except for the bolt holding the throttle body on. It's stripped!

I've tried going a size up with a T-40, no luck. Also tried an allen key and vise grips with no luck as well. I'm kind of stuck at a standstill here, any ideas?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Find an easy out that fits and pull it out. Or, just drill the head off it. Larry

[This message has been edited by trotterlg (edited 07-19-2013).]

Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd say drill the head off then once the TB is out use vise grips to remove the stud and replace the bolt.
DaytonTD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaytonTDSend a Private Message to DaytonTDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could dremel a flat line into it with a small cut off wheel then use a flat blade. If that doesn't work then you could drill it off.
Heretic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HereticSend a Private Message to HereticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the help guys. I ended up just leaving the throttle body on and disconnecting the coolant lines.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock