Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  AC Compressor clutch coil terminals, 2 blade connector at front - top, '87 GT

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
AC Compressor clutch coil terminals, 2 blade connector at front - top, '87 GT by hdryder
Started on: 07-17-2013 08:37 PM
Replies: 1 (261 views)
Last post by: RWDPLZ on 07-17-2013 09:13 PM
hdryder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hdryderSend a Private Message to hdryderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am trying to put back together an AC system on a '87 GT. The compressor had been partially removed, lower bracket was missing, and had no belt when the car was purchased.

I installed a lower bracket and a belt, and the belt is now turning freely, but the clutch was not cycling. So then I looked for electrical connections, and found the two blade connector off on the top front, which appears to be the clutch coil terminals, according to the Haynes Repair Manual.
I am fairly sure I found the correct connector harness to plug on to the terminals.

Does it matter which way the connector goes on? It appears it could go on one way or 180 degrees the other way.

If it does matter, I would like to do it correctly the first time, as it is not an easy reach.

Thanks for the help.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't matter, it's just a coil. The diode is built into the connector.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock