Rear suspension settings by stevep914
Started on: 07-17-2013 01:14 PM
Replies: 0 (151 views)
Last post by: stevep914 on 07-17-2013 01:14 PM
stevep914

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevep914Send a Private Message to stevep914Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have an 86 / F40 replica conversion. The rear tires are 315/45-16, and no longer made, so I am trying to look after them. I noticed over the last 1500 miles, the outer shoulder of the drivers side rear is wearing prematurely. This is a corner I had a b*%# of a time getting a negative camber out of, and ended up fabricating a larger than normal lobed camber bolt to achieve almost 1 degree negative on the strut. i just finished with the only electronic allignment shop in Mazatlan ( Mexico) and determined the car had significant toe in on the rear ( about 1/4 inch total) They reset both wheels to 0 degrees toe ( according to updated specs I found for pre 88 on this forum) I got home to find out the printout now has my passenger side rear wheel at 2.46 degrees negative camber and the right at just under one degree negative; which I am happy with.So here is the question: Without going back to the shop, if I took out a little negative from the RR wheel, say one degree, how much, and in which direction will the neutral toe change? Can I assume if the drivers side rear wheel is straight, and I am trying to still achieve neutral toe after the right wheel camber adjustment, if I have the same distance between the inside of the two wheels front and back, I still have neutral toe? thanks in advance Steve
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock