F40 Trans Prob.... by GT86FASTBACK
Started on: 07-17-2013 06:46 AM
Replies: 2 (216 views)
Last post by: GT86FASTBACK on 07-17-2013 06:39 PM
GT86FASTBACK

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys. So I bought a new trans online for my 06 GTP. The trans I took out I was going to have rebuilt for the fiero to go with the LS2 I am building. The reason I replaced it was grinding going into second and third gear. The problem is, the new trans is doing the same thing from day one... Any ideas??? Already bled the clutch lines and filled with new fluid. Also, replaced both shifter cables incase one was stretched out or anything... Is it possible that the new trans also had synchro problems? Has anyone else had this issue with a new F40? Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT86FASTBACK:

Hey guys. So I bought a new trans online for my 06 GTP. The trans I took out I was going to have rebuilt for the fiero to go with the LS2 I am building. The reason I replaced it was grinding going into second and third gear. The problem is, the new trans is doing the same thing from day one... Any ideas??? Already bled the clutch lines and filled with new fluid. Also, replaced both shifter cables incase one was stretched out or anything... Is it possible that the new trans also had synchro problems? Has anyone else had this issue with a new F40? Thanks!

Are you sure the clutch master cylinder is in good working order? The same problem across the new and old transmission, sounds like an external mechanical part, did you reuse the old clutch and pressure plate?

[This message has been edited by Joseph Upson (edited 07-17-2013).]

GT86FASTBACK

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking of replacing the master cyl next. The car got a new clutch, flywheel and pressure plate when everything was out.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock